Compiling under openSUSE Tumbleweed

Theo alpha0x89 at yahoo.de
Thu Jun 13 19:26:55 BST 2019

On Thu, June 13, 2019, 05:28 UTC David Rosca <nowrep at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:17 AM Theo <alpha0x89 at yahoo.de> wrote:
>>
>> $ mkdir /usr/local/lib64/plugins
>> $ ln -s /opt/falkon/lib64/plugins/falkon /usr/local/lib64/plugins/falkon
>> $ export XDG_DATA_DIRS="/opt/falkon/share:$XDG_DATA_DIRS"
>> $ /opt/falkon/bin/falkon
>>
>> Falkon looks for plug-ins only under /usr/local/lib64/plugins/falkon,
>> despite '-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/falkon'. Is this a bug? I also tried
>
> No, it looks in /opt/falkon, check all paths in Help -> Configuration
> Information.

Yes, falkon:config lists /opt/falkon/share/falkon/plugins as one of the
extensions paths. But no, my Falkon doesn't actually try to load the
extensions from there: (without the link from
/usr/local/lib64/plugins/falkon)

$ strace /opt/falkon/bin/falkon 2>&1 | grep plugins/falkon
openat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/local/lib64/plugins/falkon",
O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_CLOEXEC|O_DIRECTORY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
access("/usr/local/lib64/plugins/falkon/KDEFrameworksIntegration.so",
F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
openat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/local/lib64/plugins/falkon",
O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_CLOEXEC|O_DIRECTORY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

> Most likely the issue is that the falkon binary loads the system
> libFalkonPrivate instead of the one in /opt/falkon (due to /opt/falkon
> not being in ld.so paths).

$ lsof | grep libFalkonPrivate

only lists

/opt/falkon/lib64/libFalkonPrivate.so.3.1.99

> Why do you install to /opt/falkon anyway?

For a simple and stupid reason, README.md doesn't provide information on
how to uninstall. So in case there is no 'make uninstall' (I still don't
know), I want to be able to easily uninstall by removing /opt/falkon. If
the maintainers of README.md want to help users like me, they might want
to include a hint about uninstalling.

>> $ export QT_PLUGIN_PATH="/opt/falkon/lib64/plugins:$QT_PLUGIN_PATH"
>>
>> without success.
>
> That would be FALKON_PLUGIN_PATH, but still it wouldn't help you
> there, see above.

Funny story, it actually does help.

$ export FALKON_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/falkon/lib64/plugins/falkon

makes Falkon load the extensions from /opt/falkon and falkon:config
shows that path as the only extensions path.