Support for plasma activities

Simon Persson simon.persson at mykolab.com
Mon Jul 29 02:18:51 BST 2019

On 2019-06-18 22:17, David Rosca wrote:
>> Has this been discussed? I don't even know what I think should be
>> changed and how, interaction with the sessions feature could get confusing.
>>
>> As a very first step, perhaps this: links opened from other apps should
>> open a new window or new tab in the current activity instead of in
>> another falkon window on some seemingly random other activity.
>>
>> I would be willing to work on this.
> Cool, but you will need to look for more information somewhere else,
> as I am not really familiar with activities.

I am only familiar as a user.

A quick search gave the following:

KActivites framework can help with keeping track of what is the current
activity:

Consumer::currentActivityChanged
Consumer::currentActivity

KWindowSystem framework can help with finding which activities a given
window belongs to:
QStringList KWindowInfo::activities()

Let's say I want to patch the KDE integration plugin to open links from
email app in the existing falkon window if one exists in the current
activity, otherwise open a new falkon window. Do you have any idea how
that could be done?