Policy for new configuration options

Jukka Ruohonen jruohonen at iki.fi
Tue Apr 30 13:54:46 BST 2019

Hi,

and sorry for the late reply.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 12:08:56PM +0100, David Rosca wrote:
> Which of these you want to make configurable? As I already wrote, most
> already are configurable and those that are not are either off or
> needs to be on for correct function of browser.

It seems I was running an old version. From the mentioned options, DNS
prefetching would be a good candidate for a configuration option.

> There is nothing as such, generally the target is to stay up to date
> with QtWebEngine functions.

Here lies the problem. I saw that the issue with WebRTC was duly addressed.
But as said, I need to follow QtWebEngine more closely (e.g., if and when
things like WebAssembly hit the tree, there should be an option to outright
disable these).

> Since you mentioned privacy, it would be great to have more fine
> grained content blocking similar to uMatrix.

True enough. I fear that my knowledge is not (yet) up for the task,
however.

But I try to allocate some time for actual coding, and subsequently propose
some actual patches etc.

- Jukka