Falkon in Mint 18.3 Cinnamon

David Rosca nowrep at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 10:13:30 GMT 2018

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 9:26 AM Nic Brits <nicbrits at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hope I have the correct email address, but looking at the address I
> assume I do.

not directly to me.

> I have Linux Mint 18.3 cinnamon and am looking to run Falkon as my
> browser, but it looks as though it's not in the Mint repository (an
> older version of Qupzilla is though), and as it suggest on the site, I'd
> like to only install repository based applications. So, my two questions
> are:
>
> 1. Is there a way to install Falkon in Mint 18.3 through the repository?

That's a question for your distro repository maintainers, but most
likely the answer is no.

> and
>
> 2. Despite Qupzilla now being Falkon, would the Qupzilla browser in the
> Mint browser still be safe to use (is it regularly updated)?

It is not updated anymore.

If you want to use latest Falkon version, and don't have it in your
distro repository, you may try either AppImage or Flatpak
(instructions are on homepage).

> Many thanks, I look forward to your reply.
>
> Nic.

Regards,
David