KCM fonts

Max Harmathy max.harmathy at web.de
Mon Mar 5 12:33:56 UTC 2018

Hi,

I want to work on the implementation of the KCM fonts "easy mode" [1].

However I'm struggling to setup my environment. Basically I want to
build the fonts kcm module.

I can build the whole plasma-desktop, but I cannot find a simple way to
install it to a custom location, since it wants to install some polkit
related files to a hardcoded (?) location. kdesrc_build fails here a
well. I read the KCM_HowTo [2], but that is for third party modules, I
guess.

Is there a canonical way of hacking the kcm modules in plasma-desktop?

Max

[1] https://phabricator.kde.org/T7927
[2] https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/KCM_HowTo