Filling org.kde.plasma.quicklaunch per user

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 10:32:22 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Ludwig Cornelius <t_d_l_c at gmx.de> wrote:
> But do I really need to copy everything? Can I just use a
> metadata.desktop/metadata.json - file? Which is the correct value for
> X-KDE-ServiceTypes?

ah, right, now plasmashell thinks that the desktop shell package is
now in ~/.local and is not valid, so it completely bails out in

so, i think the only working way to go is to for a look and feel
package which has the full layout you need for the user and ship it
completely in the user home (how are you generating the different
files per-user? is a shell script running at some point?)

so, do a full look and feel package which does what you want (you can
start it with the lookandfeelexplorer app, which can do a package
based on you current setup), then we'll see how to generate the
correct variants for the different users?

--
Marco Martin