KDE Plasma 5.8.5 deployment - Plasmashell Containment Bug

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:06:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Thomas Weissel <valueerror at gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm afraid that this fix only works on those very specific classroom laptops
> and comes back the moment i try another pc with a different display
> setup/resolution...
> sooooo
> if there were a quickfix to get plasma to always hide the second containment
> it would be very much appreciated because i want to roll out the image in
> over the semester holidays..  in 2 weeks

If the problem is what i suspect and explained in the bug report, the
solution may be just aligning the two screens a bit better in the
systemsettings ui and the problem should go away..
but before trying that, it's important you paste the output of the command

kscreen-doctor -j

that would tell me for sure if the problem is what i think (and yes we
need to improve ui/logic to not make this happen again, but would at
least say that is not a bug per-se but just bad config ui)

--
Marco Martin