status of kde/plasma kiosk framework in kf5

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu May 12 12:35:09 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 12 May 2016 13:07:07 David Edmundson wrote:
> > Just realised I had replied directly rather than to the ML. CC'ing now.
> >
> > On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 11:01 PM, David Edmundson <
> >
> > david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Thanks for the email.
> > >
> > > What version of Plasma-framework and Plasma are you running?

> ??
> > >
> > > The file should now be /etc/kde5rc
>
> hope i don't confuse things further with wrong noise, but isn't that
> /etc/xdg/kdeglobals  ?

That is one of them.

Order of propogation is:

~/.config/myAppConfigrc (i.e dolphinrc)

~/.config/kdeglobals

/etc/xdg/kdeglobals

~/.config/system.kdeglobals

/etc/xdg/system.kdeglobals

/etc/kde5rc

Config loading will fallball from top to bottom. If an entry is not in the
a file, it will try the one below

Immutability overrides (the [$i] part) goes from bottom to top. So
/etc/kde5rc has the most "power".

David