status of kde/plasma kiosk framework in kf5

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu May 12 12:07:07 UTC 2016

Just realised I had replied directly rather than to the ML. CC'ing now.

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 11:01 PM, David Edmundson <
david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for the email.
>
> What version of Plasma-framework and Plasma are you running?
>

>> since the /etc/kde4 directory is gone.. WHERE should i put this file ??
>>

> The file should now be /etc/kde5rc
>

>> -----------
>> echo "disabling rightclick on desktop containment"
>> echo -e "$(sed '/RightButton/d'
>> /home/student/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc)" >
>> /home/student/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
>>
>> this config file has moved to ~/.config  and was renamed to
>> "plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc"  (seriously???)
>>

> If you're disabling the right click to block unlocking widgets
>
> put this in your /etc/kde5rc file
>
> [KDE Action Restrictions][$i]
> plasma/plasmashell/unlockedDesktop=false
> plasma/allow_configure_when_locked=false

prevent leaving and logout by adding to that file

actions/lock_screen=false
actions/leave=false
actions/switch_user=false

Is there any other lockdown features you need that I've missed?