Elisa Music Player and KDE Applications Bundle

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 19:35:05 BST 2019

Hello,

Sorry for my very late answer.

On Friday, August 2, 2019 2:31:21 AM CEST Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 02:55:16PM -0600, Nate Graham wrote:
> > On 7/28/19 3:06 AM, Matthieu Gallien wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > After discussion in Elisa mailing list, we would like to know if it
> > > would be possible to integrate Elisa in the KDE Applications Multimedia
> > > module.
> > >
> > > We hope that would allow to have more regular and predictable releases
> > > for
> > > Elisa. That should help potential contributors know when their
> > > contribution
> > > will be released to users.
> > >
> > > We would use the KDE Applications version to lower the maintenance
> > > burden.
> > >
> > > What do you think ?
>
> As the maintainer of one of the existing KDE Multimedia applications, I
> think it would be a fine idea to integrate Elisa, if nothing else to
> help add some vitality to the overall suite of multimedia apps.

Maybe we could also ask the promo team some help here ?
Thanks for your support.

> I haven't been able to run Elisa yet but it's already in Extragear and
> being actively developed so I think this would be mostly the matter of
> integrating it into KDE Applications releases.
>
> Does anyone know if there are additional review requirements for modules
> to go from Extragear to Applications?

I was not able to come to Akademy and I am not sure I have understood the plan
for the releases of applications made by KDE.
Is something needed to do to integrate Elisa in the future coordinated
releases ?
Can I help achieve that ?

> Regards,
>  - Michael Pyne