Evolutions of file indexing

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 22:19:18 GMT 2019

Hello,

On Sunday, December 15, 2019 7:58:30 PM CET Alexander Stippich wrote:
> On Samstag, 14. Dezember 2019 10:50:13 CET Nate Graham wrote:
> > On 12/14/19 10:24 AM, Matthieu Gallien wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > On Friday, December 13, 2019 9:00:15 PM CET Nate Graham wrote:
[...]
> Hello everyone,
>
> I agree with everything said so far. This would be a neat feature for Elisa.
>
> I tried to implement a dynamic fallback based on baloo availability in
> https://invent.kde.org/kde/elisa/merge_requests/21
> but failed since currently the indexers cannot run concurrently. What I
> found was that each indexer gets the full list of tracks in the database at
> startup and the tracks get deleted when they are not found. This is the
> case for all tracks that are indexed by the other indexer.

The current code is starting to become complicated. My intent with those mails
was exactly to list the goals we want before modifying the code by small steps
to reach those.
I believe that it is easier to separate the cases of full indexer usage and no
indexer usage.
We can always do a mix of those solutions later.

> Best regards,
> Alex

Best regards