Elisa, kdereview and a Release Schedule

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 10:14:38 UTC 2018

On jeudi 1 mars 2018 20:06:10 CET Alexander Stippich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2018 22:59:53 CET Matthieu Gallien wrote:
> > On mercredi 28 février 2018 19:03:48 CET Diego Gangl wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > That schedule sounds quite reasonable. Does that feature freeze include
> > > string freeze too?
> > >
> > > As for blockers, I think the tasks currently in progress in the
> > > workboard
> > > are a good list. IMO I would add replay gain support too, fiddling with
> > > the
> > > volume all the time gets tiring :)
> >
> > I agree with the lack of replay gain support being annoying. Alexander, is
> > this one of the tags you plan to add ?
>
> I haven't really looked at it yet, but I think this needs some more work and
> testing in KFileMetaData because there is no real standard. Since I'm
> currently looking into that area, I'm willing to do that but it will
> probably take some time. Same goes for the cover art support. So I don't
> know if we should wait for those depending on when the first release should
> happen.

OK, if everybody agrees, let's make a release branch now with a string freeze
in two weeks and a release in 4 weeks.
I am quite busy this week end. I may do the branching only monday. After that,
let's polish the first release and push big changes to master only.

I will act on that if evrybody is OK with the plan.