Elisa, kdereview and a Release Schedule

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 22:06:13 UTC 2018

Hello,

On mercredi 28 février 2018 20:14:49 CET Alexander Stippich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> congrats to everyone on being accepted!

Thanks a lot Alex, I had completely forgotten this part in my mail.

> I have zero experience with doing releases, so I will just follow your lead.
> Doing 4 releases per year sounds reasonable in my opinion. And backporting
> fixes to one branch should also be doable.

I will post a blog about this when I have found how to manage this with
phabricator (I seem to remember hearing about a calendar or something like
that).

> For a list of features/blockers for a first release, I'd like to merge the
> controls2 branch and add remaining patches for HiDPI.
> Also, I think it is a good idea to finish the transition of some classes
> (e.g. manageAudioPlayer) from Qml to C++ and I think you wanted to make
> some more functions in the models non-blocking (similar to the
> allalbumsmodel). This way we should get a lot of testing for the underlying
> stuff which is then the base going forward.

I am working on the play list model. This is starting to have taken some time
and I am still unsure about the correct way to do it.

I will give some more time to think about all the feedback and I try to
quickly send another mail with proposals with dates including the dates of
string freeze.

> And we should definitely add the icon for the first release.
>
> Somewhat off-topic, I have some smaller changes still awaiting review :)
> https://phabricator.kde.org/D10643
> https://phabricator.kde.org/D10488

Sorry for them.