Elisa, kdereview and a Release Schedule

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 21:15:46 UTC 2018

Hello,

Given that Elisa is now officially a KDE project, we should aim to release a
first stable release and also agree on a release rhythm.

I am a bit short on time today but do you have suggestions or ideas for the
schedule of the first release ?

We should also list as soon as possible a list of release blocking points. For
example, I would like to get the new icon before the release.

I would like to have a release rhythm of 3 months with a feature freeze after
one and half month and with one and half months of bugfix support. That would
give something like that:

T0 + 1.5 months: we create 0.1 branch where only bug fix and polishing is
allowed. New features land in master branch.
T0 + 3 months we release 0.1
T0 + 4.5 months we close the 0.1 branch and we no longer push bug fix to it
and at the same time, we create 0.2 branch where we have a feature freeze.

We would have only two parallel branches and that may already be too much
given the size of the team.

What do you think ?

Best regards

--