View headers separation

Diego Gangl dnicolas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 01:33:30 UTC 2018

On jueves, 8 de febrero de 2018 19:07:47 -03 Matthieu Gallien wrote:
> Hello Diego,
>
> On jeudi 8 février 2018 16:55:43 CET Diego Gangl wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > There's a small issue with the view headers that has become more visible
> > with the new headers. There's no clear separation between the content and
> > the header. It all looks to be on the same background, but as soon as you
> > scroll the content starts to get cut off weirdly.
>
> I completely agree with you on. You also have the shadow being cut on top of
> the first line items. It really feels weird and bad.
>
> > One solution could be using a soft shadow to separate the panels. It could
> > also be a simple line that shows up when the user starts scrolling
> >
> > I made some mockups:
> > https://pasteboard.co/H6HUp1w.png
>
> The one with the shadow really looks good to me. I wonder if we should not try
> to show it only when starting to scroll. This needs a fix for the top part of
> the shadow being cut.

Maybe we could fix that by pushing the content down a few px with some padding/margin, or maybe it's the
covers that need to be pushed (and not the whole thing). I might check that out over the weekend.

I agree about the shadow looking better, but I wonder if having too many drop shadows is going to affect performance.

Cheers,