Various questions

Alexander Stippich a.stippich at gmx.net
Sat Nov 25 18:43:09 UTC 2017

Hello,

I thought I try the new mailing list with some questions that piled up during
the last week.

Since I've upgraded to KF 5.39 on Kubuntu, I have to remove the "live: true"
property for the slider in MediaPlayerControl as otherwise Elisa complains on
runtime that this is not available due to component versioning. I've seen you
did the same in the controls2 branch. Any idea what's causing this?

I recently thought about the ContextMenus again for the playlist entry, and
for the track delegates where I added them. I think they are still
inconsistent since they are not available in all views, e.g. the all artist or
all album view.
I wanted to add them everywhere first. But essentially they are only
duplicating functionality since everything is also accessible via the buttons
(e.g. play, add to playlist etc.) We are also not using right click anywhere
else. What do you think about removing the ContextMenus completely?

Also, the todo list in git seems somewhat outdated. Do you mind if I add the
items that are still missing to the workboard on phabricator and then delete
the todo list? Then we have everything in one place.

Regards,
Alex