Plans for the future and coordination

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 14:05:03 UTC 2017

Hello,

To continue to push forward the development of elisa and better communicate
our plans, I would like to improve a bit the way we are working.

I get the feel that (at least for me) I have lost focus of what is really
important.

The following goals are the ones I would like most to be achieved. I would
like to also collect goals of other people involved with elisa.

My goals are those:
* Ensure elisa works really good with Baloo ;
* Ensure elisa reasonably works on Linux desktops, Windows and Android ;
* Ensure elisa support for UPnP/DLNA is a first class citizen.

I also have some orthogonal important value:
* being inclusive (welcome new developers, try to support as much as possible
the diversity of possible users) ;
* being as much as possible bug free ;
* being geared toward satisfying user goals ;
* being perfectly usable without network access and leverage network services
when possible.

We have to ensure our goals align with the goals of the overall KDE community.

The next step will be to produce a kind of vision statement and derive a kind
of plan to help guide the development.
See for example plasma vision statement (https://vizzzion.org/blog/2017/07/
plasmas-vision/).

Best regards