The Scribus Team Announces 1.3.2 - Egalité

Dot Stories stories at kdenews.org
Mon Jan 23 12:33:13 CET 2006

From: mrdocs <>
Dept: 3-make-triplets
Date: Monday 23/Jan/2006, @03:05

The Scribus Team Announces 1.3.2 - Egalité

     The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus
1.3.2
[http://www.scribus.org.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=112],
Egalité, the third development version working towards a new stable 1.4.
 With this release we are excited to announce the first beta of Scribus
on the Windows platform [http://windows.scribus.net/]. With the gracious
support of Trolltech AS, developer of the Qt C++ application framework,
we are able to release Scribus on Windows with Qt 3.  It also includes
fixes for over 290 requests and bugs.

     Within this release period:

    * We welcomed another member to the team, Jean Ghali, who performed
      the Windows migration and developed the printing system for
      Windows.
    * We resolved over 290 requests and bugs.
    * Made significant progress in cleaning and restructuring the
      codebase which has lead to speed improvements, clearer code and
      opened the way forward for future 1.3.x development.
    * Preparation for the new modular file load and save system.
    * EXIF support.
    * Enhancements to TIFF and PSD file format support.
    * Image Effects - Tinting, Sharpening and more can be applied
      directly within Scribus.
    * Better cursor placement in text frames.
    * Section based page numbering.
    * Enhancements to the colour wheel and shortwords plugins.
    * Enhancements to guide management.
    * PDF export with viewer export options.
    * Updates for both Windows and Mac OS X compatibility.
    * Significant updates to documentation, including the beginning of
      1.3.x documentation.
    * Translation updates.

     Scribus is an open source page layout program with the aim of
producing conformant commercial grade output in PDF and Postscript,
along with extensive support for graphical PDF form and PDF
presentations.

     While the goals of the program are ease of use and simple to
understand tools, Scribus offers support for professional publishing
features such as CMYK colors, easy PDF creation and Encapsulated
Postscript import/export. Other professional features include full ICC
colour management, spot colours and creation of colour separations.

     Scribus is commercially supported and is available for GNU/Linux
and other Unixes, along with MacOSX and Windows. Scribus is used around
the world for newspaper production, book publishing and a wide variety
of page layout tasks.

     Get Scribus 1.3.2 from our download page
[http://www.scribus.org.uk], Debian/Kubuntu repository
[http://debian.scribus.net ], MacOS X page [http://aqua.scribus.net] or
Windows installation page [http://windows.scribus.net].