[dot] KDE Wiki Gains New Host and Sponsor

Dot Stories stories at kdenews.org
Tue Mar 8 15:56:47 CET 2005

From: luci <luci at sh.ground.cz>
Dept: crash-and-burn
Date: Tuesday 08/Mar/2005, @15:54

KDE Wiki Gains New Host and Sponsor
As you might have noticed, we had outgrown the previous server which had
been hosting both the Dot and the Wiki.  After extended downtime and
performance issues often related to having both services on the same
machine as well as limited administration resources, Navindra Umanee
[http://navindra.blogspot.com/] and I decided to search for an alternate
host for the Wiki.

     Thanks to Jason, we now have a dedicated server for the Wiki which
ought to mean better uptime, better performance, and better
administration, for both the Wiki and the Dot services from now on... or
so we hope. ;-)

     I am thrilled with the new arrangements, and would again like to
thank Jason and everyone involved with the move. Also many thanks to all
the people behind our previous hosting arrangements, including our
previous sponsor CafeWiki [http://cafewiki.org/] and Navindra for their
kind support and helpfulness.