[dot] TUX Magazine: Entering International Characters

Dot Stories stories at kdenews.org
Tue Jan 18 03:05:01 CET 2005

From: Marcel Gagné <>
Dept: how-do-I-enter-that-accent
Date: Tuesday 18/Jan/2005, @03:02

TUX Magazine: Entering International Characters

   Being a guy with an accent on one of the letters of his name, you can
imagine that I probably spend a lot of time entering so-called "special
characters" in my documents and e-mails. Short of keeping a document
with these letters already written, then copying, and pasting them,
entering an é can be amazingly time consuming. Worst of all, while
OpenOffice.org lets me click Insert, Special Character to select from a
list, not all applications have a handy list of characters to choose
from. For everyone out there who routinely has to enter special
characters or letters with accents, I'm going to give you a great KDE
trick [http://www.tuxmagazine.com/node/1000044] to use that will ease
the pain.