System-config-printer

Mike Noe noeerover at gmail.com
Tue May 7 03:12:30 BST 2024

Greetings distro maintainers:

We have decided that, at this point, we will not be making the
system-config-printer and s-c-p dbus service required packages for Plasma.

Plasma Print Manager only makes use of the s-c-p dbus services, but we
realize that this is generally packaged together with all of s-c-p.

So, as things are today, s-c-p (dbus services) will remain optional and
while we recommend it for a more complete UX,  the print manager will
offer an appropriate work-around should it not be found during new
printer configuration.

Thanks,

Mike