libFcitx5Migrator only internal lib (was: Re: PSA: some SO versions suddenly turning 0 with ECM 5.110)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Sep 22 23:38:11 BST 2023

Am Samstag, 23. September 2023, 00:23:49 CEST schrieb Alessandro Astone:
> How did you include fcitx5-configtool in the list of affected packages?

It was among the two first projects reported to me where the SO version number
changed. But I failed to double-check if it actually installs a library with
an external interface.

Indeed seems not (no headers, cmake config files etc. installed), just has an
internal library with libFcitx5Migrator which changes the SO version number on
a rebuild.
Which then should only affect those where the package manifest has the full
library name.

*
https://github.com/fcitx/fcitx5-configtool/blob/master/src/migrator/lib/
CMakeLists.txt#L4