KDE6: List of frameworks/libraries/... needed

Steve Cossette farchord at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 16:51:24 BST 2023

Good morning Distributions List,

My name is Steve, and I am a member of the KDE Sig at Fedora.

We just completed porting over the KDE frameworks over to v6, and am now
starting to look at porting non-framework packages, such as PIMs.

Does KDE have a concise list of all projects that don't provide
(KDE5/Qt5)/(KDE6/Qt6) compatibility in the same build? i.e. Packages we'll
need to create and package a separate version for Qt6/KDE6, maybe ordered
by suite if possible?

I'm really just looking at the mainline KDE libraries, for example the
akonadi libraries and frameworks and such. I saw the list here:
https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Plasma_6#Packaging_notes but it's being
rather vague as to what needs to be done with:

   - various kio-* things
   - various non-Frameworks libraries as needed

Thank you!