qtbase bugfix backport request

Vlad Zahorodnii vlad.zahorodnii at kde.org
Sat Apr 8 11:36:43 BST 2023

Hello,

We would like to move our CI infrastructure from Qt 6.4 to Qt 6.5.
Unfortunately there are some issues that prevent us from doing that.

Those issues have been fixed in 6.5, but they didn't get to 6.5.0 tarballs.

We would like to ask the distros shipping Qt 6.5.0 to backport
https://invent.kde.org/qt/qt/qtbase/-/commit/bbb330c95fdf6161b23227cb08cec58cca31e465.
It should be included in the next patch release 6.5.1, but it will be
released in almost a month and we would like to start using 6.5 features
soonish to unblock Plasma 6 Wayland work, etc.

Regards,
Vlad