Backporting of Discover/KNS fixes

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Feb 19 09:11:06 GMT 2022

Dear Distributions,

It has recently come to my attention that some distributions have missed
emails sent to this list recently regarding issues with Discover/KNS. As
these issues are rather critical I am now requiring all distributions to
explicitly acknowledge receipt of these emails and to declare the actions
they have taken. As a reminder, end-user systems without these patches are
participating in a distributed denial of service attack on KDE.org
infrastructure.

The two emails which distributions need to keep in mind are:
- https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/distributions/2022-February/001140.html
- https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/distributions/2022-February/001142.html

These patches should be backported to all versions currently in support.

For those distributions that have already backported these patches - thank
you and apologies for the further inconvenience regarding this.

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin