kwin and libinput 1.19

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 17:28:35 BST 2021

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 11:49 AM Vlad Zahorodnii <vlad.zahorodnii at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We would like to add a couple of features in plasma 5.24 that depend on
> libinput 1.19.
>
> Is there any distro planning to ship kde plasma **5.24** but not able to
> ship libinput 1.19?

Currently, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 ships libinput 1.16 and Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 9 ships libinput 1.18. It appears there are plans to
upgrade RHEL 9 to libinput 1.19 and I've filed a request for RHEL 8 as
well. Fedora Linux 35+ will be fine, but Fedora Linux 34 will need to
be upgraded.

I've filed a ticket in the Fedora KDE SIG tracker to keep up with
this: https://pagure.io/fedora-kde/SIG/issue/118