Setting a default global theme has become much easier in Plasma 5.24

David Redondo kde at david-redondo.de
Fri Dec 17 15:03:13 GMT 2021

Hi,
just a quick heads up for those of you that have their own Global Theme.
We landed a change last month so Plasma checks on startup that the current
look and feel package is set up correctly. The result is that a new user will
have its settings applied correctly since we take the defaults from it.
You only have to provide a file somewhere in $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS, setting the
default global theme and everything else should work automagically.
I also wrote a short blogpost about it: https://blog.david-redondo.de/kde/
2021/12/17/global-themes.html

All the best,
David