Qt 5.15.1 regression affecting Plasma

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Sep 30 11:38:52 BST 2020

There is a bug in Qt5.15.1 that seriously affects multiscreen.
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-86604 we get a bunch of reports every
day. Effectively a screen change signal goes missing and Plasma naturally
breaks.

Please can distributions shipping or planning to ship Qt5.15. 1 either
revert QtBase
<https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/commit:5290027e3bab75f14fc0a2b7c206594d9cb91e76>
5290027e3bab75f14fc0a2b7c206594d9cb91e76
<https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/commit:5290027e3bab75f14fc0a2b7c206594d9cb91e76>
or
or cherry-pick https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/315447

5.15.0 is unaffected.
Qt5.15.2 should be fine....or at least not have this specific problem :P

If there are any problems with doing this please do let me know, I have the
option of a workaround at a Plasma level, but given every process uses
QScreen we would rather not go down that route unless we need to.

Thanks in advance.