Heads up with one kdenlive dependency for 19.04: rttr

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 14:01:14 BST 2019

Hi Luca!

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 10:13, Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame at kde.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> as part of Applications 19.04 I found out that kdenlive added a new dependency
> in the form of the rttr library. The current approach present in the
> repository however is far than ideal, because it is configured to only link
> against a statically built rttr as opposed to a shared library, due to some
> unspecified problems (mentioned on IRC, but I didn't have time to further ask
> questions). This means that even if rttr is present, cmake will fail (the
> target has a different name if it's static or dynamic)
[snip]
> The kdenlive team said they might be planning to bundle rttr. As a packager I
> hope it is not the case. Most distributions are against bundling for many good
> reasons.

In a packaer's POV, it's even worst if it can't find it. See
https://build.neon.kde.org/job/bionic_stable_forks_kdenlive_bin_amd64/72/consoleFull

00:37:04 -- RTTR not found on system, will download source and build it
and
00:37:06 [  4%] Performing download step (download, verify and
extract) for 'rttr_project'

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/