Pulseaudio module migration gconf => gsettings

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Wed Jun 27 13:15:05 BST 2018

Sorry, forgot to reply to all.

Ben Cooksley - 27.06.18, 07:53:
> > You might want to use the frugalware patch [1] as a base for this.
> > This patch
> > is mentioned in the kde bug (although it wasn't linked), I was
> > considering using something like that, before plasma-pa gets
> > removed from Debian testing
> > (if it comes to that).
>
> I'm not hugely happy with the inference here that if we don't address
> this, you'll be removing the Pulseaudio applet. Given that
> controlling system audio is a rather crucial part of the desktop
> experience, it's a bit disappointing you're thinking of resorting to
> that.

Ben, just a short clarification for that one:

Debian has an autoremoval process of packages from testing due to bug
reports of a certain priority. I think Maxy may have referred to this
process ("if it comes to that").

There has been the consideration to replace plasma-pa by kmix
temporarily, but I think this was not really a good option.

Anyway, Maxy just uploaded Plasma 5.13 to Debian Unstable with gconf
module support removed, so plasma-pa will still be available, although
with a limited functionality (no virtual sound devices).

Thanks,
--
Martin