What's new in Plasma 5.12 LTS?

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Feb 22 11:10:53 GMT 2018

It's an LTS so it focused on Speed and Stability over new features.
The video has a pretty graph saying it's 30% faster in boot up time.
It also has much lower memory requirements than the competition.  The
announcement lists a number of new features since 5.8 LTS.  And being
Plasma it has a familiar default setup which is simple by default but
powerful when required.

Jonathan