Qt 5.9+, Akonadi and latest MariaDB versions

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Fri Feb 16 15:30:08 GMT 2018

Hello,

The latest MariaDB versions aren't caught properly by the checks in Qt, which
may cause a regression to appear (regression, because it was already fixed in
Qt by Dan Vratil): this manifests itself in Akonadi losing its connection to
the database if running for long periods of time.

Until this is fixed in Qt, you may want to apply this patch in your packages:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/206850/

If you ship Akonadi using other backends or with older (< 10.2, IIRC) versions
of MariaDB, you aren't affected.

FWIW, we use this patch in openSUSE and I confirm it solved the issues for me.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter