FYI: status of Plasma in GuixSD

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at crazy-compilers.com
Thu Oct 19 16:25:57 BST 2017

Hi guix,

as you may know I'm working on bringing Plasma into GuixSD.

I'm looking for somebody co-fixing the missing bits and peaces.

Guix already provides KF5 in the master-branch and I finished packaging
all Plasma 5.10.4 packages. Most of the tests pass. But starting a
plasma-session in a virtual machine still fails – assumable due to
missing dependencies or wrong paths.

I asked on the KDE `distributions` mailing-list for assistance. Maybe
somebody of KDE's fame will help fixing this.

If you want do give it a try, you can find the WIP branch at
<https://gitlab.com/htgoebel/guix/tree/kde-plasma>.

./pre-inst-env guix system vm gnu/system/examples/plasma.tmpl --fallback
is your friend :-)

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel