Need help to bring Plasma into GuixSD

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at crazy-compilers.com
Thu Oct 19 14:25:51 BST 2017

Am 19.10.2017 um 14:57 schrieb Michael Palimaka:
> Are you able to detail the errors at all? Might get a quicker response
> that way.

I didn't want to flood the mailing-list – and we still have some failing
test-cases which might be worth investigating first.

But anyway, here are the top-most errors when running startkde:

ksplash: svgz "unsupported file format"

Could not load library libkdeinit5_kded5
Could not load library libkdeinit5_kcminit_startup
Coult not start kglobalaccel (not provided by any service)
ksmserver: kcminit not running?
name "org.kde.kglobalaccel" was not provided by any service
name "org.de.kcminit"  was not provided by any service

error loading QML file:
"org.kde.plasma.extras" is not installed
"org.kde.plasma.core" is not installed
"org.kde.plasma.components" is not installed
"org.kde.plasma.milou" is not installed

plasmashell: all shell packages missing
this is an installation issue, please contact your distribution

Also when building plasma-desktop, kapplymousetheme is not build since
"X11_Xinput_FOUND" in a CMakeList.txt is false. For I did not yet figure
out which lib is missing.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel