Packaging of Noto Sans

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 10:33:33 GMT 2017

Hi all,
As you know, the Plasma shell recommends as default the Noto sans font by
google for our recommended look and feel.

However i seen in some distributions, while The basic Noto font is installed
and used, only few variants are packaged compared to the Google release at
https://www.google.com/get/noto/#sans-lgc

In particular, we need the "Light" variant (NotoSans-Light.ttf) as we use a
"light" weight for the plasma Calendar and Systemtray headers and all the
"header" components in Kirigami.
this is how the plasma calendar looks without the noto light font installed:
http://embra.edinburghlinux.co.uk/~jr/tmp/Screenshot_20171123_102100.png
this is how it should look:
https://imgur.com/a/sNdgI

--