D4997: Support for long running kcheckpass supporting multiple authentications

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri May 12 14:55:05 BST 2017

Am 2017-05-12 09:18, schrieb Tobias C. Berner:
> Hi there
>
> I think this review introduced some Linux-only features: signalfd() is
> only present on Linux.
> So this breaks kcheckpass on FreeBSD (and probably everything non-Linux
> too).
>
> Would it be possible to have the long-running auth stuff hidden behind
>   check_include_file("sys/signalfd.h" HAVE_SIGNALFD_H)
> check?

Just confirming what David already wrote. The code is built around
signalfd and without it kcheckpass is broken. Also in the non-long
running kcheckpass case signalfd is used.

At the moment I do not see a solution. Sorry for creating the problem, I
did not expect that this is linux specific.

As we are in feature freeze and this is security relevant code I don't
really have an idea to move forward. Especially as it's pointless to
have any linux dev work on this as we might just break it again. We are
in low level c code in kcheckpass which is totally ugly and all designed
for the case of running as setuid root.

Cheers
Martin