What to do with potential workflow-changing / breaking changes?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Mar 26 10:36:05 BST 2017

Am 2017-03-25 21:34, schrieb Fabian Vogt:
> Am Samstag, 25. März 2017, 21:28:45 CET schrieb Martin Gräßlin:

>> > You need kde-cli-tools installed.
>>
>> apt search kde-cli-tools
>> Sorting... Done
>> Full Text Search... Done
>> kde-cli-tools/xenial,now 4:5.9.4+p16.04+git20170322.0503-0 amd64
>> [installed,automatic]
>>    tools to use KDE services from the command line
>>
>> yep, is installed, but kdesu is in libexec, which is not in $PATH.
>> No idea how other distros handle it, but for the debian-based world we
>> can assume that no user knows this software exists.
>
> It's used through xdg-su in that case, which is a desktop-agnostic
> wrapper.

Just searched for this in both Debian and Ubuntu and there is no result
for xdg-su. There is also no mentioning of xdg-su on
cgit.freedesktop.org.

All I could find is mentioning on github with (verbatim quote): "The
xdg-su script is an unmaintained part of xdg-utils package".

Based on that I looked into xdg-utils on cgit.freedesktop.org and well
it exists but doesn't get installed.

Sorry, but I don't think we need to support this tool. An unreleased 3rd
party tool poking into internals of our software - really, we don't need
to support that.

Cheers
Martin