Upgrade note for kscreenlocker to Plasma 5.10

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:14:00 GMT 2017

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:

> Given that my personal recommendation is to do offline updates.

(Looping in Aleix Pol from Plasma Discover, Nicolas Lecureuil from
Mageia KDE, and Angelo Naselli from manatools )

>From the Mageia point of view, we do not currently officially support
an offline upgrade mechanism. We did add support for DNF to Mageia 6,
which means that Mageia 6 to 7 could be an offline upgrade through dnf
system-upgrade from the terminal. Our new dnfdragora tool (a
desktop-agnostic DNF frontend) does not yet support offline updates,
though it could be something we would do in the future.

GNOME supports this in their GNOME Software, and encourages offline
upgrades whenever possible. If you'd like to push this recommendation,
we need it in the KDE PackageKit frontend, but neither of KDE's
PackageKit frontends (Apper and Discover) support offline upgrades.

At this point in time, unless we tell people to upgrade via the CLI
(and only from Mageia 6 to Mageia 7), there's no way we can recommend
this. I honestly do not see us from Mageia ever doing that. So if
you'd like to push for offline updates, then that means that the
PackageKit frontends need to support it.