RFC: Packaging of KF5 API dox QCH files and their devel helper files

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Jun 17 13:55:16 BST 2017

On Monday 12 June 2017 15:18:57 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> * no real issue for FreeBSD, all build artifacts end up in a big
>   single package anyway per tarball

Just as an example, I built ECM, Attica, KConfig with QCH support on FreeBSD,
without bothering to look if anything else was properly configured. I built
these from master branch with PREFIX set to /tmp/kde5.

The build looked surprising, sometimes, which made me doubt that everything
was being built properly, but it turns out I *do* get qch files if I follow the
instructions.

Attached a screenshot of assistant with the kconfig docs. Clicking around works
.. it at least links to the Qt docs properly. All I needed to do is add the
KConfig doc to assistant through Edit -> Preferences.

(Not actually attached, since it's too big for the mailing list
http://euroquis.nl/doc/qch-kconfig.png )

So from a FreeBSD building perspective, it seems to "just work".

[ade]