KMouth/frameworks and QtSpeech

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 15:05:09 BST 2017

On jueves, 13 de julio de 2017 23:10:50 -03 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was discussing with Jeremy Whiting (in CC), maintainer of most
> accessibility things, about the blockers for merging the frameworks branch
> of KMouth into master.
>
> This is something that should happen at some point: if not for Applications
> 17.08, where we are already past the freeze, excluding exceptions, it should
> happen for 17.12, where no kdelibs4 applications are going to be shipped in
> the bundle.
>
> The main question (and the reason why I'm writing here) is: KMouth has an
> hard dependency on QtSpeech, which is still marked as Tech Preview as Qt
> 5.9, so changes to the API are possible. Would it be acceptable to ship its
> Frameworks version as soon as possible, even this dependency on an
> (potentially, even if I suspect not so much) unstable library from the
> distribution point of view?

As long as Qt Speech is not an official submodule it's API/ABI it's not
considered stable, so it won't be part of Debian until that point (+/-
experimental, but not more than that).

--
12: Es posible insertar imagenes en los documentos y archivos al
trabajar con Word

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/