Qt 5.8.0 incompatible with Plasma/Wayland

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Jan 31 18:51:11 GMT 2017

Hi distros,

unfortunately Qt 5.8.0 shipped with a regression completely breaking
Plasma on Wayland: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-58423

I wanted to let you know, just in case you want to ship out Qt 5.8 and
Plasma 5.9 and tell your users things like "Hey, test the new Wayland
stuff".

Personally I would appreciate if Qt 5.8.0 is not combined with Plasma on
Wayland at all as it makes our work look really, really bad. If you want
to ship Qt 5.8 that's fine with me, but then make it conflict
Plasma/Wayland completely, so that no user can run it. The problem is
present with any version of Plasma, so it's not limited to our new
Plasma 5.9 release.

Thanks!

Martin