How to handle KDE not respecting YOUR distros requirements?

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Fri Mar 25 21:43:43 GMT 2016

In data venerdì 25 marzo 2016 13:42:30 CET, Eric Hameleers ha scritto:

> Bottom line: I am not a code developer, you are. I expect you to cover
> the corner cases and then I will create the packages and our users
> will do the testing, and give the feedback. Ignoring distros that
> keep you out of your comfort zone is not a good thing.

Sorry, this is unrealistc. There are already a *lot* of corner cases in the
code (see multiscreen, where outside input is often essential), having
developers cater for all of these is too much.

Integrating things in the stack is *our* job as distributors. What developers
can do is make things manageable for us (see the discussion on dependencies),
but we can't expect things to be perfectly tailor-made.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
GPG key ID: A29D259B