How to track the backport of important fixes?

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 9 10:17:52 GMT 2016

Elvis Angelaccio <elvis.angelaccio at kdemail.net> writes:

> I discovered this many weeks ago [1] and I asked the Kubuntu devs on IRC
> whether they could backport the fix to the 15.08 branch. They told me that
> they would do it, but apparently they didn't and today I discovered that
> Kubuntu users are still affected.
>
> Maybe IRC was not the right channel, maybe I should have contacted the
> Kubuntu devs on the kde-distro-packaging list. Or maybe we need something
> more, something that allows us to track in an easier way which bug gets
> fixed in which distribution.

At least so far, this kind of PSA saying "hey guys, please make sure you
include commit XYZ in your packages" is normally sent to
kde-distro-packagers. If that also doesn't produce any results, I guess
you could email some specific packagers directly?