Important Qt 5.6.0 notes

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 16:52:39 GMT 2016

Since I wrote the other two patches mentioned there, l'd clarify what is
affected by the later two patches. I'm not forcing anyone to apply it, because
they haven't got enough review yet. It is possible that they have some unknown
bad side-effect. The only thing that I can say is that they works well for me.

For https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/151496/  (https://bugreports.qt.io/
browse/QTBUG-51648)

The bug affects at least kde-telepathy (actually kauth too, but it has
workaround in 5.20 so no need to worry about that right now) and will leaves
some deadlock process (ktp-proxy). In the worst scenario, if you keep using
ktp and open chat window many times, the deadlock process would end up using
all your memory.

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/151340/

This one is more important on system that systemd starts user session dbus.
(can be checked with $ systemctl --user status dbus.service ), otherwise some
processes might deadlock on reboot or shutdown and leads to very long shutdown
(a stop job is still running for session c2).