Fwd: KActivities repository split

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sat Mar 5 09:01:12 GMT 2016

Most of the distros already separated the library from the rest as far
as the packages go (at least, that was my impression).

So, if the packages were split into:

 - library + qml imports
 - kactivitymanagerd
 - other things

there should be no problems. plasma 5.6 would depend only on the
library and kactivitymanagerd while other things would not be needed.

For example (with fake package names):
 plasma 5.5 - depends on kactivities/everything
 plasma 5.6 - depends on kactivities/framework+qml,
kactivities/kactivitymanagerd, obsoleting kactivities/everything-else

> we then lose kio plugins

Yes, this has not yet passed the review - it is scheduled to be moved
to kio-extras. I've just pinged the reviewers again.

> Or we should avoid packaging 5.6 until we have KF 5.20.0?

This is one possibility - kf5.20 is going to be released before plasma
5.6. But I don't thing it is necessary.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--