kdepim-runtime 16.12.0.1 or just patch it in?

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Wed Dec 28 11:43:10 GMT 2016

On Wed, 28 Dec 2016, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> El dimecres, 28 de desembre de 2016, a les 3:29:02 CET, Eric Hameleers va
> escriure:
>> On Wed, 28 Dec 2016, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>>> I was hoping you guys were reading the
>>> "resources/shared/singlefileresource: Fix DATA LOSS bug in ical resource
>>> which failed to create std.ics if it didn't exist." thread on
>>> release-team but since no packager has answered there i'll try here.
>>>
>>> Do you prefer a kdepim-runtime 16.12.0.1 with that data loss patch in? Or
>>> is that 4 version number a problem for you and you prefer to just patch
>>> it in in your packages?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>>  Albert
>>
>> Hi Albert
>>
>> I would prefer an official post-release patch to address this issue.
>
> I've no idea what "official post-release patch" means :D
>
> You mean an official release that contains the patch? Or an official patch
> that applies to the release? Or?

Let me be more specific.

I meant:
A patch file.
Provided by the developer through a URL in the kde.org domain.
Applying cleanly to the official and original kdepim-runtime 16.12.0
tarball in the Applications 16.12 download location.

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers <alien at slackware.com>
Home: http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/