KDE Applications 14.12 and kdeplasma-addons 4 translations

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Nov 4 01:06:43 GMT 2014

Hi guys, so I have a question for you.

Let me first explain the situation:

 * kdeplasma-addons for Plasma 4.x is DONE, That is, we're not going to do any
more releases unless we find something very bad.

Now, should KDE Applications 14.12 kde-10n tarball contain kdeplasma-addons
for Plasma 4.x translations?

The quick answer would be no, since it's not part of the release.

But on the other hand we're also including kactivities translations that are
not part of the release either to make it easier for you guys.

But on the other hand, some kdeplasma-addons for Plasma 4.x translations may
conflict with kdeplasma-addons for Plasma 5.x translations, so you'll still
have to do some packaging game with them.

So I think it's better having them in the package and let you guys sort co-
installability issues than not having and ending up with untranslated strings.

Comments? Awesome ideas i've overlooked?

Cheers,
  Albert

P.S: Of course this would all be fixed if each tarball had its translations,
but I can't travel to the past and fix it, so for now it's a non-solution. But
in the future we maybe move to that setup for KDE Applications 14.12 too.

P.S.S: Please try to be constructive, yes, i know every solution has it's set
of problems, but saying "this sucks!" or