Uploading photographs from a Google Pixel Pro
Randolph M. Fritz
rmfritz3 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 05:37:09 BST 2026
Unsettlingly, some images did not import; I only just noticed. I don't
think libgphoto2 has been very thoroughly tested. I'm now finding out if
macOS Image Capture (which is painfully slow) can import them.
--
Randolph M. Fritz || rmfritz3 at gmail.com
On Sun, Sep 20, 2026 at 7:31 PM Randolph M. Fritz <rmfritz3 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I decided to try to make the "import" function work—and it did! These were
> the steps I used:
>
> 1. Physically connect smartphone via USB cable. On the phone set the
> USB connection type to PTP
> 2. Import>Add Camera Manually. Select auto-detect.
> Camera was found, identified as "Google Inc Nexus/Pixel (PTP)"
> 3. Import>Cameras>Google Inc Nexus/Pixel (PTP).
> A dialog appeared. *Wait*. if you have a large number of images it
> will take time to scan the camera. There will be no progress bar, or any
> indication that this is occurring. Go have a cup of tea.
> 4. The images can then be viewed and downloaded.
>
> I found that querying the image metadata in the import dialog with
> exiftool did not work; the message was “Cannot load data from <file>”with
> ExifTool.” There is an “Open Setup Dialog” button, but it does not seem to
> work.
>
> digiKam: 9.1.0
> KDE Frameworks: 6.26.0
> Qt: Using 6.11.0 and built against 6.11.0
> macOS Sequoia (15.7.7)
> Build ABI: arm64-little_endian-lp64
> Kernel: darwin 24.6.0
>
> Smartphone was a Google Pixel Pro 6, updated to July 5, 2026.
> --
> Randolph M. Fritz || rmfritz3 at gmail.com
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/attachments/20260925/45bf75e8/attachment.htm>
More information about the Digikam-users
mailing list