Please, add a batch synchro for face recognition

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 10:00:45 BST 2026


Hi,

Go to digiKam setup Miscs/Behavior page and disable the faces
detection/recognition options working in the background:

https://docs.digikam.org/en/setup_application/miscs_settings.html#scan-operations

Best regards

Gilles Caulier

Le mer. 23 sept. 2026 à 10:56, Pierre Hanser <pierre.hanser at laposte.net> a
écrit :

> Hello
>
> I've a quite large collection of pictures ( >20000 ) with more than 400
> faces registered in the database.
>
> Something that I personally find annoying is that when I have run a face
> finding on a new sub-album, when I start acknowledging some faces,
> immediately this triggers a new operation on all faces in the database.
>
> This is so intensive that I cannot continue acknowledging and must wait
> the end of this operation to have a comfortable response time.
>
> Is there a way to delay this operation, event if I need to start an
> iterative cycle if new faces are discovered?
>
> Something like not starting immediately any operation, until I press a
> button?
>
> Sorry if this is already possible and I've not found how to do it...
>
> Or does the fact that I still use sqlite for the databases is the
> limiting factor and I would get a better user experience if I switch to
> a more powerful database manager?
>
> Any comments on the subject would be welcome
>
> BR
> --
>         Pierre Hanser
>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/attachments/20260923/8c1e00db/attachment.htm>


More information about the Digikam-users mailing list