Behavior for Tagging changed
Gilles Caulier
caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 18:02:45 BST 2026
Le dim. 4 oct. 2026 à 18:44, Sebastian Beer <sebastian.beer66 at icloud.com> a
écrit :
> Hello,
>
> after updating to MacOS 27 (exactly 27.0.1) I recognize a change in
> behavior for tagging photos.
> In the past I selected one or multiple photos in the middle column of
> DigiKam and then selected a tag in the right hand column in the captions
> section. This selected tag was afterwards added to all the selected photos.
> Today on MacOS 27 this does no longer work. Selecting a tag simply does
> nothing. Therefore, I have to drag and drop a tag from the captions section
> in the right column to the selected photos. And afterwards in addition I
> have to right click on the selected tag and select „add parent tags“.
> Is this change intended or does it result from updating MacOS?
>
Hi,
Not at all, Nothing has changed for this behavior.
I tested with 9.2.0 pre-release under macOS 26 (i don't yet install 27) on
my macbook pro M2, and all works as expected.
Try to double check the digiKam macOS permission on the control center,
especially the file system access.
Don't forget that major macOS upgrades always change the disk partition
UUID and the collection registration in the database needs to be updated
about this property. Under macOS, digiKam always asks to update this in the
database at startup after macOS update.
Why did Apple change the disk UUID ? I don't know, perhaps some
optimizations on the FS or migration of inodes...
Best regards
Gilles Caulier
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/attachments/20261004/5819249e/attachment.htm>
More information about the Digikam-users
mailing list